Privacy, Policies, and Legal Information
Here at ThereHappy, we take your privacy seriously. That's why we ask you to provide only the information we need to complete your requests.
- Protecting web user privacy,
- Maintaining the confidentiality of web user data, and
- Ensuring appropriate levels of security for web user data
- We will not require you to register or provide personal information in order to visit the therehappy.com website. However, certain areas of our site may require you to register or provide personal information before you will be granted access.
- therehappy.com uses web analysis tools (e.g., cookies) for limited uses authorized in this policy.
Privacy RightsThereHappy stores and protects your personal information in a “systems of records.” A system of records is a file, database, or program from which personal information is retrieved by name or other personal identifier. The Privacy Act provides a number of protections for your personal information. These typically include how information is collected, used, disclosed, stored, and disposed.
therehappy.com is a ThereHappy computer system. This computer system, including all related equipment, networks, and network devices (specifically including Internet access) are provided only for authorized uses. ThereHappy computer systems may be monitored for all lawful purposes, including ensuring that their use is authorized, managing the system, protecting against unauthorized access, and verifying security procedures, survivability, and operational security. During monitoring, information may be examined, recorded, copied, and used for authorized purposes.
Information Collected and Stored Automaticallytherehappy.com automatically collects certain information about your visit to therehappy.com web pages. We limit the data collected to meet specific business needs and to protect your privacy. For unauthenticated users, we may know what path(s) you took on our websites, but we don’t know who you are. We do not use this information to identify you personally without your express consent and an authorized purpose.
We automatically collect and store the following information about your visit to the therehappy.com website:
- General log information. Examples of general log information include, but are not limited to: Internet domain (for example, “somecompany123.com” or “yourschool.edu”); Internet Protocol (IP) address; operating system; the browser used to access our website; the date and time you accessed our site; and the pages that you visited.
- Referral and statistical information where we have links to or from the site you visited. Such data may include aggregate data such as the number of offsite links occurring during a visit to a therehappy.com web page. It may also include specific data, such as the identity of the site which you visited immediately before or after our site. We do not use such data to identify you personally.
There are two kinds of cookies.
- A Session Cookie is a line of text that is stored temporarily in your computer’s random access memory (RAM). A Session Cookie is destroyed as soon as you close your browser or after the expiry of the cookie, which is usually within 24 hours after it is created.
- A Persistent Cookie is a line of text that is saved to a file on your hard drive and is called up the next time you visit that website. This lets the website remember information about your previous visits and use of the website. Persistent Cookies are generally not used by ThereHappy websites, unless there is a compelling and authorized reason for their use.
- Log-in and log-off process: You do not have to log in and register to browse our site. However, if you decide to register with therehappy.com, Session Cookies help with the log-in and log-off process. The cookies enable us to recognize your log-in ID when you log in so that we do not create a duplicate log-in or registration record for you.
- Transactions and site usability: We use Session Cookies to improve how you navigate through our website and conduct transactions. Session Cookies are used to maintain your online session as you browse over several pages, or to store and enter information on a web page so that you do not have to reenter the same information, repetitively. Session Cookies may also be used to collect referral statistics when you click on a link to or from a therehappy.com web page.
Registration and Log InYou are always welcome to use therehappy.com without registering or logging in for certain services such as general content browsing, finding a mental health professional, finding a client or patient, and completing forms to apply for ThereHappy services.
Password ProtectionWhen you register for a therehappy.com account, access to your personal information will be protected by a password. We strongly recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone and that you change it on a regular basis, and that you do not share the device used for logging into therehappy.com
Saving of Passwords by BrowserMany Internet browsers allow users to save user information, including passwords. When prompted by a browser to save your therehappy.com authentication credentials such as your email address and password, you should decline this option. Saving this information could potentially allow persons who gain access to a shared workstation to access your personal information, although you are protected to some extent in this case by the therehappy.com requirement for multifactor authentication before accessing your personal information.
Logging OutPlease remember to log out when you are finished using personalized therehappy.com services. Logging out prevents someone else from accessing your personal information if you leave, share, or use a public computer (located, for example, in a library or an Internet cafe) and your session hasn’t automatically “timed out” or shut down. You should remember to log out. If you forget to log out, you will be automatically logged off by the expiry of the session cookie, typically set to expiry in 24 hours after creation.
SecurityIn those instances where we secure your personal information in transit to us over the Internet, and upon our receipt, therehappy.com uses industry-standard encryption, including Secure Socket Layer (SSL). The connection icon area on your browser will change to “HTTPS” instead of “HTTP” when this security feature is invoked. Your browser may also display a lock symbol on the task bar at the bottom of your screen to indicate this secure transmission is in place. You should refer to the instructions for your particular Internet browser software to determine how to examine the security certificate from our website to verify the security of the connection.
For site security purposes and to ensure that therehappy.com web pages remain available to all users, ThereHappy may employ software programs to monitor network traffic in order to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Except for oversight or authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits other than those uses identified in this policy.
Unauthorized attempts or acts to
- access, upload, change, or delete information on this system,
- modify this system,
- deny access to this system, or
- accrue resources for unauthorized use on this system,
therehappy.com takes the security of all personally identifiable information we receive very seriously. We implement various measures to protect the security and confidentiality of personally identifiable information. Such measures include access controls designed to limit access to personally identifiable information to the extent necessary to accomplish our mission. We also employ various security technologies to protect personally identifiable information stored on our systems. We test our security measures periodically to ensure that they remain operational.
Your inquiry will be treated confidentially and will not be shared with third parties, except as necessary to respond to your inquiry.
Up to date as of July 4, 2021